The holiday weekend went down like this in the Hass House...
Mr. Hass worked.
Everyday.
It was hot.
We went to Wal Mart to get a new (bigger) pool.
As the new pool was filling up there was an accident.
Hannah got hurt.
I threw a beach bucket (not at her, but it hit her).
Her right eyebrow split right open.
I don't even want to write about it.
I felt worse than anything I can describe.
Hannah was screaming.
Claire was crying.
Mr. H was not there.
With shaky hands I called my Mom.
No answer.
I called Mr H.
No answer.
With a very very shaky hand (the other hand was holding a beach towel to Hannah's head) I dialed 911.
She asked what is your emergency.
I mumbled something about it was an accident and I can't find my Mom and I don't know what to do.
I took a deep breath, and said no I don't need the paramedics. I will drive to the hospital.
Just then Mom showed up.
She drove us to the hospital.
Stitches in Hannah's eyebrow.
She was SO brave.
I cried the whole day.
All day.
Most of that night.
And all morning the next day.
Doctor said no water or swimming for 5 days.
Of course.
Claire went to bed with a 102 fever.
Hannah woke up several times throughout the night.
Took Hannah to Target to get a special toy and candy after the whole stitches ordeal.
Went back to Target the next day to get Claire the same Barbie fairy Hannah picked out to prevent more fights.
More fights still occured regardless.
More tears also occured.
Mine and theirs.
Sunday evening was the boat parade at my Grandma's beautiful house on the lake.
We have been looking forward to it since last year.
But,
this year, Mr. H was sick,
Claire was sick,
my eyes were swollen and puffy from crying,
and it just didn't go as I had planned.
Mr. H stayed home with Claire and Hannah and I went with my parents.
And Hannah's was too big.
Waiting to catch a big one.
When we got to Grandma's house and everyone asked Hannah what happened to her head she said, "My Mom hit me with a bucket."
Ouch.
Don't ask for more details.
I don't want to talk about it.
red, white and blue toenails.
Grandma's boat. She's Lady Di (Diane).
Kaylen took those pics of Hannah and I. Thanks Kaylen. :)
Cheers.
Sambucca.
Three coffee beans for health, wealth, and prosperity, (and Grandma said she gave me extra beans for some better luck.)
And finally the boat parade began.
This boat's name was Mutual Fun.
Hannah had a blast waving to all the boats as they passed.
We sat in Grandma GG's boat and watched the parade from the dock.
Despite the crazy weekend, we still managed to squeeze in a few laughs and make some new memories.
My favorite part of the day today was sitting in the backyard this morning drinking my (iced) coffee and hanging out watching Mr. Hass fill water balloons for the girls and play games with them. That was around 8 in the morning.
Don't ask how long we had already been up for.
Mr. H went in to work at 3pm.
I hate that he has to work on the fourth of July.
Like he said though, the hospital doesn't close just because it's a holiday.
Neither of the girls napped like they needed to.
We went to my parents this afternoon for a nice bbq and came home early.
Hannah sounds like she's getting sick too.
Claire cried until 9:45pm.
And that's a holiday wrap.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also,
CONGRATULATIONS
to
You won my brand new copy of The Outlander.
You're gonna love it.
Email me your address soon k?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peace out friends.
I hope when I wake up this weekend is over.
37 comments:
Despite a whole bunch of not so fun stuff, you got some great pictures!!! It wasn't quite the way I had hoped today either. Feeling sick on a holiday is no fun. I hope you and Hannah don't get it. I feel lousy! Talk to you tomorrow.
Great pics, you have been getting some awesome photos lately. Quite the pro. As for the bad weekend, I'm sorry, it just happens, it really does. We won't talk about it. Love ya!
Your mom is right. How did you manage so many cute pictures on such a crummy weekend? a few years ago, we had an entire year like that. EVERY. SINGLE. HOLIDAY. that year had that kind of catastrophe. Even the minor holidays. It was nuts. IT totally ruins all the fun. Sorry your weekend was ruined. Glad you managed to find a little enjoyment in it.
First off, you're an amazing MOM, and accidents happen. So there, that's all I want to say about that!
Hope everyone is feeling better today. Being sick in the summer is NO fun.
You did manage to get some awesome shots! The one with the girls w/ their toes and barbies- so cute...and the last picture of Claire looks like an advertisement or a picture that comes in the frame when you buy it!
It's a new week- hope it's great!
I am so sorry and sending you a BIG HUG! I've been there too, and cried a million tears over something that has happened to Boyd, and kicked myself a million times over it. I know that doesn't make you feel better to hear, but you are a WONDERFUL mom, and we've all been there, and I know what it does to your heart. I hope you all wake up today, to a better, happier day! So sorry your weekend did not go as planned at all. I think you are brave to share it all here. Sometimes life gets in the way of our perfect plans, and it does help everyone else to know that it happens to all of us. I do wish it would have been a better holiday for you though!
The pictures are all fabulous, and I love your grandma's boat!! :)
Darn....why do crazy things always happen in multiples? Despite your weekend challenges, the pix of H and nana is priceless. Those decorated boats are just beauties! And girl, sorry for your rough patches, but you all always LOOK pretty darn smashing! (just a shallow comment!). Hooray for iced coffee.... And hugs to everyone there!
Boo to your weekend and hopes that next year is better. I'm sorry about Hannah and I hope she feels better soon. She still seemed to have a few smiles :) Accidents happen, please remember that...you're a great mama!
Oh Genn, soo sorry that Hannah got hurt, but I can't think of a mom that can't relate. I know I can. Accidents DO happen and at the end of the day little Hannah and Claire are two of the most blessed girls I know. (that I kind of know anyway, haha) Sooo, that's the end of that. You did get some truly beautiful pics. How I fun I can imagine that boat parade was. Soo pretty. What a neat place to live. My youngest son was suppose to come over yesterday for a bbq and his two little girls woke up with fevers too...summer time sickness just doesn't seem right does it? Hope everyone feels better soon. Have a good day Genn! Hugs to you!
Bless your heart! I guess one day you will be able to look back on this weekend and laugh but probably not right now.
Despite the stitches, your family still looked precious, as usual. Surely, after that parody of events, the rest of your week should be smooth sailing...I hope!
Much love,
Paige
im sorry you had a crummy weekend! you are a great momma, accidents happen and hannah is a brave girl! thats all i have to say about that.
the pictures are gorgeous... i especially like the ones that kaylen took!
Probably could have done without the stitches and sickness...but you got through it!!! The weekend is over and I'm hoping your week is a great improvement. Pics are beautiful!! Heading home today. Beach camping is a definite must!!!! Hope you can get out there soon...it will make you feel better: )
PS...I believe I took those of you and Hannah. I took several of you when you were sitting over there on the dock with your camera.
Well this is very sad. You poor girl. And poor little girls. No fun at all. I hate when fun events don't go according to plan. We were supposed to be on vacation this past week with my dads family, and then my poor uncle had to have emergency surgery. He's fine now, but we were all a little bummed out. Oh well. You still got some beautiful pictures. And don't worry too much about the whole stitches thing, these things happen. Its life, right???
For being a bad weekend you sure did get a lot of great pictures and your girls look as happy as can be. Just think of how funny this story will be next year on the 4th of July :) Hope you and your family is feeling better. If it makes you feel any better my girls and I are all sick as well.
So sorry about Hannah....it happens...don't beat yourself up over it!!! Sorry the 4th didn't turn out how you hoped. I love the pics of the Boat parade...that is so fun!!! I remember you posting about that last year! Such a neat parade!
Sounds like you were really ready for the holiday weekend to be over. Hope Hannah's eye is OK and everyone starts to feel better soon! That boat parade looks like so much fun to watch. I like the last picture of Claire...very cute!
ugh...awful. last fall Son busted open his chin and had to get stitches. It was awful. I'm so sorry you guys had to go through it. It's terrible. It still looks like you had some fun, I hope Hannah heals up quickly!
Boo to crappy weekends! Thank God for peanut m & m's huh?
XO
That stinks everyone is getting sick :( Looks like you and Hannah had fun tho at your Grandma's.. And, hey on the bright side, at least you got the "first stitches" out of the way :) Now, you'll be a pro..
Oh my gosh I'm so sorry about your weekend!! What a crappy thing to happen on a holiday, all of it! :( I myself had a similar weekend where it seemed like everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. But we managed to have some fun in there too, sounds like you did too. And now the weekend is over and it's back to the routine! :)
Oh.....I remember when my baby got stitches! I wrapped her in a towel that was too long (1st dumb move!) and of course, I tucked her arms in nice and tight to keep her warm (2nd dumb move!)....she took one step and fell flat on her face. I cried, she cried - O M G - it was awful. All I can say is once the stitches are out....keep SUNSCREEN on that tiny little cut everyday and she won't scar.
The best part of the post "My mom hit me with a bucket!" Seriously, I was teary eyed and totally feeling sorry for you until I got to that part....that made me LOL!
Accidents happen! When it's your fault it feels AWFUL, but you can't beat yourself up over it. I can still close my eyes and picture Alayna's finger chopped off on the bathroom door (and it was partially my fault)... things like that haunt us as mothers. BUT, we all do our best and accidents still happen!
Glad you at least managed to have a little fun over the weekend :) Single mama-ing it is never fun. You got cute pictures!
I'm going to check out Outlander. I need a good read desperately!!
Oh Genn, what a bummer. I can only imagine how you must have felt. You'll probably remember this July 4th better than any other! I hope everyone is feeling better. Mr. H must be a nurse or a doctor.
I know it must feel terrible, but in a few years I think you will laugh really hard. It will be a great story when you are all sitting around the table and she can say, "Mom, remember when you hit me in the head with the bucket?!"
The boat parade looked awesome. What a cool way to spend the holiday.
Well for a bad weekend you sure got some gorgeous pictures, that last one is amazing, seriously! Love the focus on Claire and Hannah in the background, it's official friend you are a professional with that new camera of yours.
I am so very sorry for your bad luck. The 4th is one of my favorite holidays. I would have been so sad to not have it go as planned.
So you look gorgeous, love your red necklace.
The boat parade looks amazing.
And the weekend is over now!
So there is some positives for you, go on that my friend!!
Oh, Genn, you poor thing and poor Hannah! Atleast the rest of your weekend was okay; I love the pictures of the lake!
jodi
found you over at life made lovely monday! your daughters are gorgeous, as are you. love the pretty toenails.
Oh Genn! Try not to feel too badly about Hannah. It was an accident - we Moms have terrible guilt complexes, don't we? (maybe that's just me). Anyway, she looks cute as ever with those big red ribbons in her hair.
And when you said you had to run back to Target to get Claire a barbie doll like Hannah, I had to laugh. I always say with two kids close in age...what one has, so must the other.
The two pictures where you are watching and then helping her fish are my favorite.
Good wishes to you and your household that everyone is feeling better.
Sorry to hear what happened...glad she is doing o.k.! :-) The pictures of the boat parade are great! I hope everyone is feeling better and your week is going great! :-)
Blessings,
Jill
Now I know it doesn't seem like it now, but someday you will laugh at this whole ordeal.
Seriously, lets get the kids together. Monkey has the same exact scar on his eyebrow from stitches.
I'll buy you a drink and you can give me my book! Ha.
Thanks girl. So stinkin' excited. I already emailed you.
Hi Genn. Thanks for stopping by. The one at the beach was La Jolla. I love that beach, def one of my favorites. :)
poor baby! Lucky Mrs. D!! Now she'll be hooked like us.
Oh, I meant poor baby Hannah btw. But I have even more sympathy for you! One kid with stitches, one with a fever and your husband working on the 4th. Yikes!
Oh Genn...I am so sorry Hannah got hurt. It sounds like she did terrific, it is always harder on the mommy. Your pics are great as usual though and there's always next year. This will be your 4th of July story for years...Hannah will love being the center of it!!!
Genn, Poor you, poor Hannah, you will look back on this at laugh someday. When my brother and sister were about Hannah and claire's age, they were fighting over a doll with a pull cord i the car. My mom reached back to grab it and fling it around to the front seat hitting my brother in the face with the cord and slicing his face open like it was a knife. She felt so bad, face bleeding. I think they ended up at the ER too. We all laugh about it now. You are a TERRIFIC mom and these things do happen. Don't beat yourself up over it.
However, after all that you got some great pictures of what turned out to be a good 4th of july!!
Traci =)
I hope today is much better! It should be since you're at work, I think... I'm sorry! But Hannah looks pretty dang cute with stitches. =)
what a memory this will be years from now. not such a good memory now i know. the boat parade looked beautiful. so happy you and your little girlie were able to get out for a bit. sweet pictures of the 2 of you.
Post a Comment