Last Friday my Mom told me that she and my Dad were going to Sea World with my sister and nephew and that we should go too.
Mr. H was working the weekend, so I figured it would be a fun way to spend the day.
I hesitated for a second, because I thought it might be pure craziness on a Saturday in the summer.
But...
when you get to see your kids cheering with excitement like this...
because they just witnessed this...
...a Crazy Summer Saturday at Sea World is totally worth it.Hannah would jump up and clap and shout, "Good job Shampu!! Great job Shampu!"
And Claire would jump up and clap and yell "Good job whale! Hi whale!"
Gamma and Geeps braved the tea cups with the kiddos...
Check out my Mom's face here.
Yeah, tea cups.
No thanks.
In this picture I was trying to use a photography technique called panning. You are supposed to move with the moving subject you are focusing on, and the rest of the movement in the background becomes blurred, while your focus stays sharp. I kinda did it. I think.
Moments after this picture was taken, we had to find a store that sold flip flops because Hannah was crying about blisters on her poor feet.
We watched the Pet Show. Probably my least favorite thing at Sea World, but my kids LOVE it. Oh, and my Mom really liked it too. ;)Upon leaving the Pet Show, I left Claire's hat in the stadium.
Ah well, it was the only thing that got left behind.
Well, the hat and all my money. Ha ha.
Stole this pic from my sister's blog.
I thought it was cute of my parents.
Time for lunch and beverages.And yes my sister and I are wearing the same shorts.
Old Navy baby.
An attempt at a picture with my girls.
And with that random man walking behind us.
After feeding ourselves, we fed the sea lions.Not as fun as last time we were there. I think these guys were very overfed on this busy summer Saturday.
Just for fun here is a flashback picture from the last time we were at Sea World. It was 7-27-09 and we went with Mr. Hass' Mom.
Look how big my girls have gotten!
Wow. Time flies.
This just might be my favorite shot of the day.
This is a picture from the dolphin show...
There wasn't a whole lot of dolphin action going on.
But, after watching the documentary The Cove, I'm totally ok with that.
These bubble guns were a major highlight for the kids. All day, everywhere we went, they had guys walking around selling these things. Finally I caved, and spent $20 on two bubble guns.
The smiles on their faces made that twenty bucks feel well spent.
I can't even believe we were there long enough for the sun to start going down!
The kids did great and we stayed a lot longer than I ever thought they would make it.
I on the other hand was exhausted.
And don't laugh at me when I tell you this, but my legs are sore.
I blame it on that 45 pound backpack I carried around all day.
While my Mom was buying the kids each a souvenir, my Dad thought he should get these sexy shades.
I told him they went really great with the pink hurley backpack he was wearing.
If you click on the picture to see it bigger, I love that you can see me in the reflection of his left eye taking the picture, and you can see my sister in his right.
Look at that Dad, your girls are just twinkles in your eye.
And this just might be my other favorite shot of the day.
Heading to the car after a whole lotta fun went down.
Man I love summer.
I love Sea World.
I love my fam.
I love Southern California.
And I loved getting to snooze in the backseat while my Dad drove us home.























21 comments:
I love how excited your girls look at the shows!
We have passes. I never get tired of going there, but I do avoid it during the summer. You mom's face on the spinning ride is hilarious! Great photos, girl!!!
Wow, that looks like a fun filled day. It also looked VERY crowded, not sure if I can handle that. I can do some crowd but that looked like more then even I can take. The angry kid to big for the stroller cracked me up and the tall dude too. You are FUNNY! What a great family day, I was just thinking about how long its been since I have been to sea world. Rick was probably in kindergarten and he is almost 21 yrs!! Yikes thats a long time. Dd I just age myself?
Have a good week,
Traci
Oh boy..this just made me super excited. We are actually headed to San Diego at the end of August. We are going on a short little trip with my inlaws and Sea World is in our plan. I am showing Carson your pictures and he is going crazy with excitement. I about died last night when we were looking up the prices of that place but oh well. sounds like it will be worth it. As always, beautiful pictures!!!
Had passes two years ago and LOVED them! The sea turtle swimming by is my favorite. Glad you had fun--Campland is right across the way. In the summertime you can see the firework show from your campground: ) Southern California in the summer=Love!!!
Love it!!!! Can't wait to take my kiddies!
wow how much fun!! i love all of your pictures and that panning shot is really neat!! love all the stories about the day at sea world. sounds like everyone in your family had a good time! and i agree with you... i think i would have been exhausted with sore legs too!! nice that you took a little snooze on the way home ;)
Let me tell you Girlie, you have been getting some amazing shots lately with that there fancy dancy new camera of yours. You're doing a great job with it. Love all the pics of the fam. The kids are so darned cute! I love the pic of the too big angry kid in the stroller too.
I LOVE Sea World. I've actually been to that one once and it is so nice. Glad you all had a wonderful time...and that you got to take a snooze!
You got some good ones!! Love the one of Dad in those glasses & the one of the crowd! lol really tall dude
Good times and great pics...that would have so been my face on the spinning cups too Kris! haha...you really did capture the crowd feel well. Ah, summertime and amusement parks...love it!
What great pictures you got!!! I was going to do a part two post on Sea World but I may as well not, with yours and Erika's posts...you covered it all! It was such a fun day. We should plan a trip like that once a summer. Next, I want to go to Knott's Berry Farm!!!
Great pictures!! we are planning on going to the one in Texas in a few months.
I laughed HARD at the picture with the ridiculously tall man and the kid too big for her stroller!
Hilarious!
Look like a great time!
I think your favorite shots are mine too! What a fun day. I really loved these photos. I read your mom's blog too, and I left her a comment the other day...our Sea World is about 4 hours away, but we will be so excited to take Boyd one day.
I laughed at "angry child too big for stroller". I saw a kids that had to be 6 or 7 at Ikea one day, in an infant stroller too. It was weird. ha.
:)
Cute post...love the pictures. Looks like Sea World was a hit. I hope we can attempt it before the summer is over.
I've never been to Sea World, but will go one day...looks like F.U.N.! Your pix are always the best...your captions crack me up...always know I'm gonna smile when I read your posts! Thanks girl! Your momma's face on the tea cups (ohhh barf) is priceless! Ha!
Looks like a fun day! I would agree that the best part would have to be not having to drive home! I went to the beach on Sunday and my bf and his daughter snoozed the whole way home and I had to drive, it was exhausting! Haha Loved all your pics!
looks like alot of fun. I would love to have a sea world close by.
Looks like a fun time was had by all. Great pics! I like the one comparing your girls from two years ago and the very last one. Glad you had fun!
Looks like a blast! Shampu--too funny! I like how you labeled all of the photos and pointed out "really tall guy", ha! The flashback was so sweet. I love to see photos from the past. It makes me realize how big my little guys have gotten. Fun times and good memories :)
Great pictures...i need to know how you write on your pics. :)
Your life makes me smile!
paige
Post a Comment