Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hairstylists in the making... & a GIVEAWAY!


Right now I am laying on my bed propped up on pillows, with the lap top on my lap.
Right now I am feeling tired.
Right now I am wondering what ages will my girls be when I do not feel completely exhausted by the end of the night?
Maybe when Claire is not three anymore, when we can understand her when she speaks, and she doesn't use screaming as her main source of communication?
Right now I believe that motherhood is the hardest job that I will ever have in my life.
(I know it is rewarding too, trust me I know, but right now it feels hard to me.)
Right now I am listening to pandora through my phone with my ear buds in my ears so that I didn't have to hear the girls crying/fighting/screaming while I cleaned up the kitchen after dinner.
Right now I keep having to hit thumbs down when a John Mayer song comes on my Matt Nathanson pandora station.
Right now Mr. Hass just told me that Whitney Houston died today.
Right now I am glad that soon it is bedtime for the little people in the house.
Right now I am wishing I had a glass of wine in my hand.
I am too tired to go get one.
I bought the girls this hair styling kit for $14 last time we were in Target.  I told them they had to share it and if they didn't play nice I would take it away.  The blow drier required batteries.  It blows air and everything.
I was so impressed with Hannah's form.  I think somebody's been paying attention when I blow dry her hair. 
Claire already has mad flat ironing skills. 
I was snapping away with my camera and telling the girls what a great job they were doing, and Mr. Hass was just shaking his head and laughing to himself.  "What?" I said to him.  He just shook his head and said he needed some more testosterone around here.  Then he said he needed a beer.  Then I heard him mumble something like, "Three.  Three women.  Three women with blow driers and flat irons and curling irons.  Three." 
That's right Mr. Hass.  Three.
But, not to worry Mr. Hass.  Because before you know it, they won't be screaming and crying during your Boise State football games, they'll be asking if they can borrow your car keys and stay out at so and so's house until what we think is much to late of an hour for young ladies to be out. 

I know it happens fast.  I do.
So even though right now sometimes I feel stuck in the day to day stuff, I know that I need to look for the good moments and hold onto them because these daughters of ours will be grown up and married making their own bread and pot roasts before we know it. 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since so many people asked me about where to find the kenra blow dry spray...

I bought an extra one to giveaway!!!
Here's how you can win it:
-for one entry sign up to be a follower (or tell me you already are)
-for a second entry tell me what products you use before blow drying your hair

I will randomly select the winner and post it on Thursday.

Peace out. 

72 comments:

Casey said...

I love this post!
I don't have kiddos yet but babysitt a lot and there are many days when I am counting down the minutes until I get to give them back to their parents!! Even though I love them to death they can be so so exhausting. And that blow dry kit is just to adorable, taking after their mom! Love it
I am a followe and would love to win the Kenra hair stuff!!
xoxo
Casey

Kris said...

Oh my goodness...thank you so much for the delicious dinner tonight! What a treat after a long day of yard work! You certainly are becoming quite the cook!! The girls pics of them doing hair is adorable!!!!! They are so darn cute!!!
XO Mumsy

Shannon said...

I'm glad I'm not alone with the exhausted feeling everyday. It makes me feel really old and come on we are not old!! We are lucky we have all girls, I would much rather see girls doing hair or playing with dolls than boys ninja fighting.
But I do fall bad for our husbands, they are screwed with the girls grow up and they have to listen to the Mother/Daughter fights coming their way ;)

A Mom Like You said...

I'm a follower, luv your blog & your sis.'s & your mom's too. Oh my I feel like a stalker. I use Enjoy purple bottle "Straightner" .

everydaymomma said...

Hi! I am already a follower! I totally get the exhausted part I have 5 kiddos and there are some days it takes all I have in me:)

everydaymomma said...

Also when I blow dry my hair right now I'm not using any product I can't find any that don't make me feel like a giant grease ball but I do flat iron after I blow dry to get my hair much straighter.

Susanne said...

i already follow you!

now that i have an almost 13 year old--wait, could that be possible?--i will tell you that even though it feels like age 3 (which is way worse than 2) will never end, pretty soon you will have a tweenager. and then you will desperately wish that she was 3 again!

Susanne said...

i alternate between using a kenra thickener and something i got free at ulta called 'it's a 10'. i would love to try the kenra blow dry spray!

Larissa said...

Hi Genn, I'm a follower! And I don't use any products before I blow dry.... is that really bad??

Heather said...

Hey Genn! Already a follower. I don't even have kids and I'm exhausted by the end of the day. I can't even imagine. I only blow dry my hair once a week and I use some Redken thing to help the frizzies. I can't remember what it's called. Get some rest!

Mallory said...

I'm a follower! I'm already tired and our little girl isn't even here yet! Hopefully I'll get some energy back in the next few months before she arrives {just in time to be exhausted again!}

Mallory said...

Before blow drying I usually use some cheap root lifter (my hair tends to be pretty flat on top - any tips to fix this??) and sometimes I use a shine gel/serum but I'm not really a fan of it because it feels greasy.

Holly said...

Can Hannah come by and do my hair? I'm a follower and I want that spray!

Holly said...

The best product I use before blowdrying is water. See!!!??? I need that spray!

Anonymous said...

I am a loyal follower and I don't use any products when I blowdry my hair. This would be a welcome addition!

Shannon in PA

Baker Family said...

I signed up to follow!! I would love to try the product. I currently use big sexy volume moose before blowing dry but that is all. I tend to get greedy easy and I have limp hair.

Amanda said...

I'm one of your followers! Love your blog and sharing about motherhood. My Mr. has 4 girls in the house! Ahhhhh! Thank you for the opportunity.

Danae Jones said...

Fun giveaway! I'm a follower!

Oh, and I should mention, I have a 3 year old boy and he makes my hair fall out! Love him to death, though!

Danae Jones said...

I use Biolage mousse before blow drying my hair!

Emily said...

I follow your blog, I found it via The Vanilla Tulip. I love hearing about your cute girls!

Emily said...

Also, I use leave in conditioner from Garnier on my hair before I blow-dry it but I've heard that hair stylists hate drug store products - so don't have me! :)

Kerri said...

Loved this post Genn and your sense of humor. Such cute pics of the girls doing their hair...just like their mom! Hannah actually looks like she knows what she's doing!
So, when I was at Ulta on Friday, I got the Kenra blow out spray...so exicted to try it! I know, it's Sunday and I still haven't washed my hair...that's how I roll. Also got the Redkin slim supreme for dry hair.

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I feel Mr. Hass' pain. Even our dog is male. I think that's why I love your blog so much; it gives me a peep into the life of a house with girls. : ) Happy Sunday.

Kerri said...

I've been using Aveda smooth infusion on my hair for a couple of years before blow drying...getting bored with that!

krisalt said...

Right now I use BedHead Ego Boost and Redken straight before I dry my hair. I used to use Moroccan Oil but changed it up this last time....

Anonymous said...

I am a follower and enjoy every post! Before I dry my hair I use either KMC Curl Up or Bumble Styling Spray or my stylist has been using Redken 07 - thought I would try that next time I need to buy product but I'd love to try the Kenra product!
Enjoy the girls! They do grow up fast but the relationship you are building with them now will last your lifetime!

mommybeckley said...

My husband makes similar comments all the time about being the only male. He knows that when the teen years hit he'll be spending a lot of time in his future "man cave." Ha! I am already a follower...love reading your blog! :O) I currently use Catwalk Root Boost on my hair before blow drying and pretty much that's about it but I should be using some kind of heat protectant b/c I flat iron my hair every day...Eek!

Charlee said...

I am a follower have been for a while!

Charlee said...

Because I am cheap I use granier fructis anti frizz serum it has the oil in it so it also protects from the heat it works amazing.... well for me anyways!

Jill York said...

I am a follower!

megan said...

Hooray for a giveaway! I'm a follower :)

Jill York said...

Also, before I blow dry I use Redken Sheer Straight and Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal!!! Love them!

megan said...

Before I blow dry, I use Matrix Amplify root lifter. After that (and before straightening or curling), I use Matrix Sleek and Shine ... some type of serum - can't remember what it's called & I don't feel like walking upstairs! :)

Jodi said...

The girls look so into the hairstyling kit. I wish they had that when i was little! I just had a barbie head and I was always giving her a haircut! :)

What a great giveaway.:) I usually use Redken's power tame and Big Sexy Hair mousse.

Have a great rest of the day!
Jodi

HowdyFromNYC said...

I'm a follower! And I don't use any products in my hair. Ever. I have a phobia that I really need to kick because my hair needs help. Serious help.

Mindy Harris said...

follow your blog through GFC

Mindy Harris said...

i use a paul mitchell heat styling spray thing

Lauri said...

I'm already a follower...how could I not be?

Cute pictures, Genn, of your girls "doing their hair." So fun!!!

I am still using Paul Mitchell skinny sirum (I think I got that suggestion from you.) Maybe it's time to try something new.

lori said...

your girls are so cute playing hairstylist.... they sure look like they know what they're doing ;)

of course, i am a follower!

lori said...

i have been using big sexy root lifter lately, per your suggestion. but im still looking for a product to fall in love with!

Danielle said...

hi! of course i'm already a follower ;)

it depends on the day, but i either use oribe volumista or redken blown away 09, or kenra volume mousse #17 and thickening glaze, or garnier fructis root booster!! can you tell i love hair products? but i'm sure the blow dry spray would change my world!

oh and i have a very serious question...i CANNOT find a good shampoo/conditioner for color treated hair that doesn't leave my hair feeling weighed down and dirty...i've tried expensive stuff and cheap stuff. can you give me a suggestion? thanks!

Sandy said...

I follow you of course! And that hair kit the girls have is so cool! They look adorable in those pics. :)

krista said...

Ooooh I would love to try that product! I use an Aveda smoothing serum. It works pretty well but I am always open to new ideas for this crazy head of hair of mine!

krista said...

I follow you too :)

BrendaSue said...

Yes, I am Following your Blog! Love the videos for hairstyling!

BrendaSue said...

I use Aveda Smooth Infusion, Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal and a

MissKK said...

I am already following your blog!! I would love to try that product...its so hard to fine good products that work on my hair :( I love your hair vlogs!!!! Right now I use Bio Silk before blow drying!

Margo said...

I already follow your blog....love it!!

Margo said...

I am not using much product in my hair right now...pretty much gel or mousse depending on how I am going to style it for the day.

Amanda said...

I follow your blog and LOVE it!

Amanda said...

I use some Kenra thermal spray when blow drying my hair. acedergreen@gmail.com

Emily said...

This is an awesome giveaway Genn! I'm already a follower and love your blog : )

Emily said...

I use CHI Straight Guard.

Holly said...

Right now I am so tired that I am typing with one eye open, but I am free of kids so I am still up...

I laughed out loud over the 3... because I feel your hubby's pain. There's 3 ball throwing, gun shooting, kicking, spitting boys in my house.

It makes me need glitter and make up and lace!!

But apparently not hair product?!! Reading your question, I realized that I sometimes use Big Sexy hair root booster... but more commonly I use nothing and finish with cheap hair spray.

Pitiful, I know!

I should really win this! ;)

Kayla said...

I am a follower:)

Kayla said...

Before I blow dry I use, well it varies since I am a beauty product junky:) But, right now I am using a argan oil by organics:) Thanks for the fun giveaway! xo

Nicolle said...

I know the feeling of going to bed so exhausted, and waking up feeling the same way! I know these days will pass. We will look back and say, it wasn't really that hard, was it?! haha. Then we will laugh and remind each other that it WAS! :))

Love the pics of the future hairstylists.

xo.

Anonymous said...

You perfectly expressed what I feel daily!! These kids own our hearts but boy are they a handful. Thanks for you candor -- next time time we enjoy a glass of wine, let's make a silent toast to all of us moms who are in the same boat.
:)
Antoinette

Kelly said...

Follower from Gulfport, Mississippi here!! :)

Eric and Jenny said...

Wow that's a lot of comments friend, this is what happens when I am a day behind on my blog reading!

Of course I already follow you and these pictures of the girls are so cute. They will make great stylists one day heck I bet they have more talent right now at 5 and years old than I do at 29!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those pics of the girls, SO cute! Fun post!

kateosaurus said...

I'm a follower

kateosaurus said...

I don't dry my hair often at all. I'm a purology girl though through and through. I usually shower at night (so I always have clean sheets) and I just go to bed with damp hair I use Purology's shine serum. It's naturally curly so I straighten my bangs in the morning with a flat iron and use over sized rollers to get the kink out. The over sized hot rollers help to relax the curl too. When I DO give myself a blow out, I use Purology's nano glaze with the shine serum. I'm 35 but I still get a lot of compliments on my hair and since I don't dry it too much with a dryer, it stays pretty healthy.

Cicurka said...

Hi Genn,
I love your post :). I'm your follower.
And what am I using for my hair...? Hm... Always GlissKur Balm Spray before drying. :) I love it, makes my hair shine and straight.
Hugs!

Shalyn said...

Hi! I feel your pain Jake...except I always ask myself how I was lucky enough to be surrounded by boys...I need to buy a girl animal LOL I'm sure he wouldn't change it for the world...like myself :) I use the S Factor Flat Iron Shine Spray Heat Defender but I hear Kenra is amazing and have been wanting to buy their Daily Provisions spray I heard it's awesome :) Have a Wonderful Week!

Ami said...

Hi Genn,
I'm a follower and I don't use any products before I blow dry since I got my blowout done!

Heather said...

I'm a long time follower...love your blog. I use It's a 10 leave in before blow drying and it's ok...I'd love to try your new find...thanks for the give away.

Chelsea @ J+C..And Kenzie said...

woohoo! I'm a follower :) And.. honestly.. if I get the chance to do my hair i SOMETIMES put in superskinny by paul mitchell.. i'm pretty much out and too cheap to buy more

Mrs. Dunbar said...

So super duper cute. Its in their genes to do hair and LOVE it.

I use Healthy Sexy Hair leave in conditioner and Sexy Straight Hair balm or something or other.


Okay ladies, the Kenra blow dry spray that Genn is giving away is DIVINE... it takes you to a tropical island. And it leaves your hair super shiny.

Hope I win.

Barb said...

Hi Genn. I love the pictures of your girls blow drying their hair -they are so cute. And I do get the totally exhausted feeling you have - but it does get better. Your girls are still at the high maintenance stage - esp. that 3 year old. That was the hardest age for me. Not the terrible two's, but the terrible three's.

And thank you for the chance to win. As you know I'm already a stalker...I mean follower. :) And I don't really use anything when blow drying me hair. I put in Aquage Uplifting Foam, and that's it.

Have a great Tuesday.

Jessica said...

Holy cow, you have a lot of comments! You are a popular lady! Please enter me :-)

Anonymous said...

i use detangler....leave in conditioner....fat hair....and a product my mom bought from marshalls for thinner hair.....i could use something different because it is obvious i don't use enough ;-) christine from gabanni@verizon.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...