Remember those? We used to have reservations all the time before kids. Now it's about once a year. Which is ok, that just makes it that much more special when you have them.
Jake and I had reservations for dinner at a place called ROCK' N FISH at La Live, across the street from the Staples Center on Saturday.
See that "A" rating in the window? They deserve that. It was gooood. We had crabcakes for an appetizer and we both said they might be the best we've ever had. For dinner Jake ordered a delicicous tri-tip, and I ordered oak grilled shrimp skewers with roasted garlic and tomatillo salsa. It was such a nice time. Jake also tried a couple of their fancy beers, and I had a cosmopolitan.
Before Christmas Jake said that all he wanted was my parents to babysit so we could buy tickets to the Spurs game. San Antonio Spurs are his favorite team. Lucky for us, one of the games vs. the Clippers at the Staples Center, my parents were free. So he bought our tickets (months ago), and we anxiously awaited our fancy date night. With reservations and all.
Thanks so much for coming over Mom & Dad. It's never a worry when we know our kids are safe with their Gamma and Geeps, having fun.
A quick picture, and we were off.
I love going for a long drive with no kids in the car. It is so nice to just sit, not be in any hurry at all, and chat away without anyone crying or interruptions. It went so quick it seemed like we got there in 10 minutes.
After a wonderful dinner, we walked around the Nokia Theater a little bit, and then headed over to the game.
I had no idea what great seats we had. We were in a VIP section, so we had to go through the fancy restaurant to get to them. We had a private bathroom and concession stand, and bar service at our seats. Oh yea, and an extra seat pad for your bum, much more comfy than the plain old "regular" seats.
I love live sporting events. They are so much fun. Especially basketball because there is always so much action. I debated bringing my zoom lens or not, and I just brought along the point and shoot, so the pictures are zoomed from a ways away and are a bit grainy.
I've always thought there is nothing like standing with your hand over your heart, in a huge crowd, facing our country's flag, listening to the national anthem. It is so touching.
I love to see the camaraderie between players of a team. It always takes me back to my volleyball days of high school. Sometimes I think I loved it more for that cameraderie than for the sport itself. For old times sake, here's a picture of me in 1999... (When it was okay to wear spandex bike shorts in public)
To top it all off, we've had a great weekend. Yesterday I took a 2 hour nap. When does that ever happen? I must have needed it. We ate tons of good food at my parents house while watching the Super Bowl. I'm still full. Thanks again for watching the girls so we could have a date Mom & Dad. It was a blast.
Happy Valentine's Week!






.jpg)


17 comments:
Looks like a fun date night!! I love date nights, I don't get a Vday one this year. :(
That old VB pic is funny! It's at Norco High, and I knew the outside hitter on their team, played club with her, she's in that picture. Sorry you brought me back to HS days! Yay spandex!!
oh so fun! And your own personal bathroom, that's the way to do it! What a sweet Christmas gift request from Jake!
I am SOOOOOOOO jealous. What a fun night! I so miss living down the road from my parents. Paying for a babysitter on a night like that would have easily doubled the cost of the date! Our date nights very often consist of Redbox movies. :)
Sounds perfect.
Glad your husband was amused with my jr. high post. My husbands comment...Girls are so weird. He doesd't understand a girls need to be part of something.
What a fun date!
Aren't grandparents just the best?!?
~Keri
How fun! I'm jealous!!! I know what you mean about knowing your kids are with Gma and Gpa!!!
That pic of you in high school made me laugh...you look like you were being impatient, good thing that wasn't your word then ;) hahaha!
What a great date! And all of your wonderful photos made me feel like i was there too, like a third wheel! :)
Yay for date night! we are in need of one BAD and have one lined up next Monday! Glad you had fun, I also love all sporting events, especially live!
YAY..Glad you had a fun date night. I too love sporting events, always have. There is just something about them. Your HS pic brought back memories of Mel's VB games. Such fun times. And yeah, I think for Mel soo much about playing sports was the other girls and fun times they all had together. I miss those days. Your pics are good as always. You and your hubby are quite cute together.
How fun! You got some really good pictures of you and Jake too! That restaurant looks good. It does always feel good when your babies are with grandparents :)
Glad you had such a great date!!!
Dad and I had a great time with our girls!!!!!
Glad you had a good date night!!
DON'T forget about me tho!!! I literally sit at home EVERY saturday night when Noah goes to Marks b/c Jer works graveyard. I could bring over my movies & read..it'd be nice! I'm just as comforting as Gparents...I think :)
i'm so glad you had fun! you deserved a whole day (well, almost whole day) out!
And om, i would take erika up on her offer!
Yea!!!! I'm excited you are doing the blog party! Have you heard of BLissdom? I had never until I read a friends blog! Crazy that there are conventions about what we do...maybe one year we could make it a girls trip! How fun!
When is the next girls night???
a date night and nap? that's a weekend for you!!!!
hoping you will still post on friday your engagement story for my blog party - just link up on friday to the mclinky thing-a-magig. the details are all on my page if you've forgotten! anxious to read all of these mushy stories!
Date nights are very nice, and not often enough. Looks like you guys had a great time! Thats a pretty cool date too...
Yay for date nights and grandparents who are willing to watch your kids! Looks like you had an awesome time with your hubby.... what a fun date!
Post a Comment