This morning while I was getting Hannah's hair fixed for school she said to me with such enthusiasm,
"Mom did you know that the sun and the moon oblitates around the earth?"
I smiled and said, "Oblitates?"
(I think she might have had orbits and rotates a bit jumbled up.)
She laughed and said,
"Oops, I mean it rotates, and when the sun comes up, the moon goes to sleep, and when the moon comes out, then the sun goes to sleep."
My little Hannah. She's a genius.
While I was having such a studious conversation with my oldest daughter, my youngest daughter was in her room being veeeeery quiet.
Turns out, she was having all sorts of fun hiding behind her changing table emptying out a brand new bottle of baby powder. She was covered in white. I coughed when I entered her room because of the powdery haze that surrounded it.
I took a few phone pictures to send to Mr. Hass and tell him what his daughter had done.
These girls.
They keep me on my toes.




23 comments:
So cute. Hannah reminds me a lot of Zoey. She has said almost word for word the same thing about the sun and moon taking sleeping shifts.
I know I have said it before... but how on earth does Claire look like she is so much older then she is?? She has a very "mature" yet mischievous look to her in almost every picture. If I didn't know how old she was and just saw her in a store, with her height, I would guess she was 3-3.5. Your girls are going to be models... and basketball players.
I only have one, and she keeps me on my toes too. I can't imagine Double Trouble!
I love how smart they are! You never know what they are thinking. And so much fun!!! Love this post.
What's a little powder with a cute face like that? :)))
Lol hope you had some kind of cocktail today! They sure are cute tho!!
I am going to dig out the picture of you, 2 years old, right after you had emptied an entire can of baby powder on the carpet, bed, and yourself!!!
LOL
But...MAN are they cute!!!! And that Hannah...such a smart one!!!!
Oh my Emma and your Claire sound like two little peas in a pod! I also use the "your daughter" expression when telling daddy about the latest drama, haha. But life really would be boring if we weren't on our toes ;)
Oh, I love the things they say sometimes!!
Too cute!
They are lucky they are so cute when their messes are bigger then they are!!
Enjoy the weekend Genn!
Love the lighting in these pix! And my girls have that fun shower curtain! :) We share great taste, girlie! And don't you wish you could just wrap up all of the fun things your babies say (and do)? Priceless!
Love the pictures. They are so pretty and vibrant with color! Your girls are 2 of the most adorable girls ever. We haven't had the baby powder mess yet, but I expect it one day in the future! :) I love your oldest telling you about the moon and the sun. Funny!
I hope you have a great weekend!
Those pics are just soo adorable! And Hannah DOES sound pretty smart! Mel dumped an ENTIRE can of comment once all over the toilet and the floor all around it etc. At least she had the right idea. What a cute pic it makes now. haha
I'm sorry but I did have to laugh a little at the picture of you coughing because of the powder :) I'm sure that was a mess, but I'm sure the room smelled good after it all settled. Love the oblitates!
I hear ya...I only have one girl and she is a handful;) She has done the same thing with her baby powder as well!! She seems to get into al lot more things then my son did at her age! Anytime she is way to quiet she is up to NO GOOD!
Hannah is a smarty to even be thinking on the track of sun, moon, and earth!!! They are both so adorable Genn & that Claire sounds like she is just so full of personality! Love those pictures & the colors of that shower curtain ;)
Genn, I can't thank you enough for that package you sent! It was certainly well received and those head bands are just the cutest! Hopefully lil Ellie will get her cousins sense of great style!!!
I just read your comment on my blog, NO I had no idea the bows were interchangeable, that is Awesome!! I'm going to go play with them right now!
These pictures are delightful....they just make me smile. I love your shower curtain too...so fun and bright.
Funny little Claire, oh I would have died.
In answer to your question, yes I do get induced on Monday morning and Jen and my little sister and mom will all be there, as well as my husband of course. They were all there for Lincoln's too...I like the distraction. Thanks for your sweet words!!!
What a crack up. Madi did that about 3 weeks ago! They sure are fun, and at least they are cute!
Too cute!!! I love it when the boys try to talk so grown up and they get words mixed up.
I say the same thing when the boys do something wrong...that's when they're "his boys"! Ha!
Hope y'all have a great weekend!!!
These pictures are great, so happy and bright, what a way to start your morning to those two cute faces!
Claire looks so old in them, so not like a baby and so much like a big girl.
Happy weekend to you!
Love these pictures! I recently updated my ballerinas bathroom with an ultra fun shower curtain. I think a few shots like this are needed now. Thanks for the inspiration!
Hi Genn, Sorry I am late... Just catching up. Been busy around these parts! Those pictures are just too cute - love that composition and the bright colors. And so funny about Claire and the powder! You just never know what these kids are going to get into! Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! :)
Those are such cute pictures of the girls!!
Oh my gosh... I love the powder story!! that would have been my Sammy! Always doin somethin!! =) has she placed any items in the toilet yet? ;) Love the cute shower curtain pics... very sweet!!
Post a Comment