Monday, February 6, 2012

Photos & Hair 411

Tonight I am sharing my first 6 days of shots for the February photo challenge:


Feb 1- your view today
 I meant to get a fun shot in the mirror while I was getting my hair done, but it never works out the way you planned does it?  This is my spot in the back where I mix my color and that was my view many times that day. 

Feb 2- words
 A very thoughtful gift from a client that means more than she will know.

Feb 3- hands
 My sweet Clairey Beary, showing me how old she is.
And because I couldn't decide which photo of her I liked better...

Feb 4- a stranger
 I'm gonna call this photo "strangerS on the 91 freeway".

Feb 5- 10am
 I was in the middle of a massive bathroom cupboards cleanout situation at 10am.

Feb 6- dinner
 From the Hungry Girl cookbook, "I can't believe it's not sweet potato pie".  Made with butternut squash.  UN-believably tasty.

I also made panko/coconut crusted chicken tenders with a sweet and spicy apricot sauce.  And organic greens with tomato, goat cheese and Italian Tuscan dressing from TJ's. We all LOVED it.
 The recipe for the chicken tenders I found on pinterest.  You can find it here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And now for some hair 411.
I recently discovered a product by Kenra that I am absolutely in love with.
 It is the Kenra Blow Dry Spray.  It is an advanced thermal protectant and it seriously smells better than any hair product you have ever tried.
I spray it on my damp hair as I blow dry each section. 
A little goes a long way.
It adds so much shine, makes frizzies smooth, speeds your drying time, and protects your hair against all of the heat styling that you might do to it.
I've sold one to nearly every single client in the last two weeks.

I tried to take a few pics of my new ombre-ish highlights for ya.
Now, don't judge the color too closely ok because I promise they are not orange.  The light in the bathroom at night just sucks buckets.
 IRL the colors are more of a caramely brown.  I also lightened up my root color just a tad.  I'm working on going a bit lighter, but I have been dark for a while so it is a process if you want to maintain the integrity of your hair.
See, they look more caramely here don't they?

Well, I'm off to watch Sea Biscuit on tv with the fam and drink my green tea with kamboucha.

Peace out ladies.
(and Dad.)
(and Donavon.)
(and Dusty.)
any other men out there reading my blog that I don't know about? 

;)

18 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Your pictures are all so fun! My favorite has to be those sweet little fingers:) I LOVE your hair and you always have it fixed so cute. I love your big bumps! And your suppers always look yummy...too bad my husband doesn't try new things! Have a great week!

Eric and Jenny said...

I was just going to do this exact same post with my first six pictures. I edited them and everything but little K is being a stinker and won't go to bed! So tomorrow it is instead!

Loved the pictures you got, Clairey looks so cute showing her three little fingers. What a sweetheart. And your hair looks great! I most certainly can see the caramel colors, very natural looking. Oh and now I must try that recipe, did you make anything fun for superbowl yesterday?

Holly said...

a friend sent me that same February challenge, and I had good intentions... but... I never got past day 1. :/

Your food sounds healthy and YUMMY!

I LOVE your new hair color! It looks so good... and that bump... I'd pin it! ;)

Anonymous said...

GREAT pictures!!

Cicurka said...

Hi Genn (good morning :), here is 8.35 :)))). I love your pictures (especially the hands :)) & love your hair color, too. If I were there I would love you to be my hairdresser :)))).
Have a nice day!
Hugs, Bea

Holly said...

Great pics! Love the highlights, where can I buy the new hair product?

lori said...

i always love your blogs so much :)
your client has such pretty handwriting. mine is never that straight ;)
and your dinner looks delish. too bad my hubs doesn't like coconut or i would give it a try!
and i LOVE your pony. any tips for the delicate/damaged hair around your ears? im trying not to over-straighten/break it... and it always looks a little scraggly and sticks out when i wear a pony...

Kerri said...

Your highlights looks awesome! You would so be my girl (hair stylist!) if I lived closer! Is Kenra only sold in salons?

Nicolle said...

I love your pictures. The photo challenge looks like a lot of fun. Laughed about the men that read your blog...I think I have one or two as well. ha. The chicken you made looks delicious! Have a good day. :)

Kris said...

LOL...love your ending message! Love your hair...Love Clairey's little hands...love........YOU.
Love,
Mumsy

Nicole @ Nicole Clark blog said...

Love the highlights. Wish Iives closer so you could do my hair. Love all the pics. Love the hands day!

Casey said...

That dinner looks delish I think I might have to try to make that chicken one day this week! Yum Yum!
I really like Kenra products but have never tried this one!

Kelli said...

Those are great shots. I just love a personalized note...I'm sure it did mean a lot to you. Cute highlights!

Nicole said...

love the shots and the Hair!

Michele said...

Claire's little fingers are too sweet! The traffic on the freeway...not so sweet. The NOT sweet potato pie looks awesome! So do the chicken tenders. You can cook!!!

Heather said...

Hey Genn...thx for the hair tips. Just curious if you are still taking the Biotin and if you think it has worked...I've been trying to grow out my short hair and started taking 5000mg once a day...if you get a chance I'd appreciate it. Thanks :)

Janene said...

Way cute hair!!

Anonymous said...

where does one get the kerna blow dry spray?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...