How's it?
I wore my hair curly one day last week.
It's been a while.
I liked it and my brazilan blowout is wearing off so I might be sportin' the curly look more often. I forgot how fast it is to dry my hair if I am going curly.
Last Friday I went thrifting with my Mom.
I have been wanting a vintage laundry cart to store the kids games in, and turns out they are ridiculously hard to find.
But on Friday, we walked into the Salvation Army and this was the first thing that caught my eye.
The price tag on it said $20.
But it was 40% off everything day!
So I got it for $12.
And now, it looks like this...
I let it dry overnight,and then I couldn't wait to empty all the games out of my downstairs coat closet and stack em up all cutsie on my new cart.
This cleared out so much space in my tiny downstairs coat closet, and the girls have been having a blast playing with games non stop.
I used colonial red spray paint from Home Depot.
After I dragged my thirfted cart up to the front register to be sure no one else would try to swipe it from me while I shopped around, I spotted this fun piece...
This quilt rack was in pretty good shape (aside from a slightly broken leg) and it was marked for $15. But again, it was also 40% off, so I took her home for about $8.
I gave it a quick sanding, wiped it down, and spray painted it colonial white.
And being the genius that I am, I first set it up to paint right next to my red cart, and after the first coat of colonial white, I looked to my right and saw that my red cart now had a white dusting of colonial white. Nice. So I moved it back, re painted my red cart, and then finished my quilt rack. And, um, don't laugh at me, but my right forearm was sore from spray painting. I know, I said don't laugh.The girls like to cuddle with their princess blankets in the mornings so now those have a convenient home, along with my blankie too.
Thrifting is fun.
Can't wait to see what I find next time.
In other news, I was in a bad mood all weekend.
Grumpy grump grumps.
And sicky sick sick.
I have learned that when you are three, and you get a cold, you have it for three days.
When you are thirty, and you get a cold, you have it for three weeks.
Niiiice.
I even had to cancel my date with Kelly on Saturday night.
But, after sleeping all day on Saturday (while I let my children run amok throughout my house while Mr. H was at work) and going to bed at 6 on Saturday night, I felt better, so Kel and I went out on Sunday to celebrate her recent birthday. Dinner at Mac Grill, and we saw One for the Money. I read the book forever ago. It was cute, a little slow, but cute.
We've been friends since we were 9.
Now she's 31.
And I am almost 31.
Yikes.
I asked Mr. Hass to take our picture and he said, "You're both wearing a blanket!"
Ha. Men.
In other news,
I bought these cute shoes to make myself feel better whilst I was in the throes of thinking this cold was ruining my life. haha.
Coral lace Toms.
Yessss please.
And thank you Mom! (she pays me with Nordie's gift cards once in a while when I do her hair. Thanks Mumsy!!)
And thanks friends who text me tonight wondering where the heck I have been and why I have not posted in a while. Means a lot. Love ya!
Happy Tuesday friends.











28 comments:
So the new shoes I bought at Nordstrom last week were Toms, my very first pair and I love them! of course the snow is making it a little hard to wear them right now, mostly I sport them around the house with my yoga pants. It's a good look I tell you what! Maybe one of these days when it stops snowing I might venture outdoors and actually get dressed again.
I am so sorry you have been sick, it's the truth about being sick for long periods of times the older you get. I swear K never even misses a step when she is sick so why can I barely manage to pull myself from the couch when I am?
Oh and that Mr. Hass, of course it's not a blanket, your friend obviously has great fashion taste just like you!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE those Toms! Coral is going to be such a hot spring color so you are ahead of the game missy! I wish I were creative like you and had clever thoughts and uses for junk. Those ideas were great and they turned out so good!
Sorry that you have been sick, but it just comes with the seasons I guess. I hope you are back to being healthy! It always takes so long to catch up with everything when you are down for a few days!
Hope your week is fabulous girlie! And of course, I always miss your posts! :)
i was wondering if you were feeling better. you are so right, when you're an adult- a cold is so hard to kick to the curb.
jealous of your thrifting finds! and i love your coral lace toms!!
Ooh those are some cute shoes my friend. They would make me feel all sorts of happy. So fun and springlike. So sorry you are sick, I keep avoiding it somehow. Not sure how that is possible, but I am grateful. Feel better soon!!!
Finally! I need those shoes! Love, love, love that all three of my kids now like thrifting!! I can remember when I never told anyone about my thrifting cause it wasn't cool yet. Ha ha....look at us now....all trendy!
The red cart is darling and perfect for the kids games! I bet they love that! Love the quilt rack too! Glad you are feeling better! And how fun to see the pic of you and Kelly together!
Glad you are finally feeling better! I so hope I dot get sick from Noah!!!
XO Mumsy
Love your uses of your thrifting finds! The cart went from FUG to cute so quickly! Great coral Toms too! Those will be so perfect for spring. I hope you feel better soon. This cold/flu that is going around seems to stick around waaaay too long.
Genn great job on those carts and getting them painted so quick. Cute shoes!!
This pair of Toms may just be the inspiration I needed to buy some. Thanks for sharing- I missed your posts too!
Good thrift finds...the game cart is so cute...what a great idea! Someone I know just got a brazilian blowout and it looks amazing. Her hair was on the frizzy side...but not anymore! Hmmmm. I might need to have this done for the summer!
I've been missing you around here, but I've been a slacker lately, and haven't been on the computer much. I hate that you've been sick, and I totally know what you mean about it hanging on for 3 weeks! Love your new Toms. Kevin would have made the "blanket" comment too, but I think you and your friend look beautiful and I love your sweaters! :))
Your thrift finds are great, and you fixed them up so nice. They look brand new. Love both items!
Have a great day.
I am loving ALL your finds...the cart is just perfect...I like the idea of wheeling it wherever they might want to play their games. The quilt rack is also perfect and good idea of where to store those blankies. I might have to steal this idea. And those shoes are darling....darling. Glad you are feeling better, nasty colds.
i love the red game cart!! so adorable! and those coral TOMS are perfect for spring!
I missed you, Genn, and I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.
I am in love with those coral Toms - so springy, which sounds so heavenly right now. We are set to get 6 - 12 inches of snow.
And your thrifty finds are so fun. I have been thrifting for years, and it's so much fun. And satisying. I love the game cart. And I totally understand about the sore arm! I spray painted our patio set last summer, and my trigger finger was numb for three weeks. I might have went on and on and ON about how I damaged myself and my finger would never be the same. And then one day it was.
Have a great rest of the week!
Oh how I love that red cart, it's just perfect for storing games. Great find. So glad you're feeling better.
I missed your posts!
Hope you fell better :)
Besos!
They're not blankets, they're ponchos.
I love your thrift store finds! My mom and I go to the Goodwill have such a good time. Nothing like getting time with your mama AND finding some great pieces! :)
They're not ponchos, they're sweaters.
Great finds and I love how you changed them up with some spray paint! Isn't if fun finding junk for cheap that we can use ;)
I think you girls look super comfy in your SWEATERS! I have wanted those lace Tom's except in white, never seen the Coral, since last Summer. Maybe Spring will come now that you bought those.
Hoping you are feeling better soon! Great finds! I love thrifting and visiting yard sales too, so many great things to find!
wanted to let you know I created a Facebook like page for my blog since google is making changes again starting tomorrow. If you are interested the link is:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/blessings-of-a-stay-at-home-mom/290493937679981.
If you have a page there too let me know. :-)
Have a great night!
Blessings,
Jill
Cute cart with the games. I like how they are so accessible and I love the color your spray painted it. I've been wearing my hair curly, too.
Love your thrift finds....LOVE the card! I love spray paint!
Cute Toms...great color!
Kelli
I love that cart & that you painted it red! So cute to use as a game cart.
You & Kelly are so pretty, how fun to be friends for so long & live near one another.
I love how tom's donate a pair of shoes for every pair that is purchased, that is so cool~
Great finds!! What a great idea for the games too! I LOVE what spray paint can do!
CUTE Toms, fun color :)
Boo to your cold hanging on, hate that! Glad that you're on the mend.
I've been looking through old post for the last hr, your family is so adorable!
Denissa
xo
Great finds...that cart is adorable! And I love your new header.
I read this and the very next day I went to this lady's house my mom met at an estate sale--she offered to give me a bunch of scrapbook/art/paint supplies to use with my kids or at school. Anyways, she had a cute cart that I wouldn't have looked twice at if I hadn't seen what you did to yours--hoping to swing by and pick it up this weekend: )))
Hi
I was awarded the Versatile Blogger award and my job was to pass it on.. I am awarding it to your blog. Please come check out my posting about it. http://www.poirierscraftsandcreations.blogspot.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award.html
Then for you to pass it on, you need to write a blog spot about it, thank me in it, post 7 things about yourself and choose 15 other bloggers that you enjoy and pass it on. Also, copy and paste the Award logo for your own blog.
Just another networking tool.
Please post a pic of these on! I have been debating the cream color but those coral are tdf! I have yet to see them on real feet yet, so please post a pic. I'll probably have to order mine online anyway (can't find those irl)
Post a Comment