Friday, July 15, 2011

Watermelon Pops, Fish Tacos, & a Predicament...

I have been on the lookout for popsicle molds.
They are pretty hard to find ya know?
I wound up ordering them on Target.com.
We made watermelon pops yesterday.
 Simple and easy.
I chopped half a watermelon (which was too much) and threw into blender.
Added about 1/4 cup of strawberry kefir milk,
and 2 T. of organic sugar.
 Pretty huh?  It smelled delicous.
They tasted pretty darn good too.

We had fish tacos for dinner last night.
 Have you tried this cilantro dressing?  It's UH mazing.
 So were the tacos.

 This Essie color on my toes is makin me smile.
Does that not scream summer??
I don't remember the name and it's upstairs or I'd tell ya.
When I went to get a pedicure on Wednesday I sat down and they asked me if I would like a glass of wine?
I said huh?
And they said, cabernet? chardonnay?
And I said, ummm, say whaaa?
And they said, it's wine with me wednesday.
Complimentary glass of wine with your service on wednesdays after 1pm.
Um, yes please.
(I actually didn't because I still have this darnded cold, but I said I will be back on WEDNESDAYS from now on.)
Ha.



So I'm in this predicament my friends.
I made up this challenge.
I vowed to not buy anything for myself for one month.
From July 11th-Aug 11th.
Not that hard really.
Only problem is this...


The Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale for the new FALL line starts

TODAY!

Eeek.
What have I done?
This is painful to me.
I am hurting a little bit.
Especially because I really really really really love these...
The BP Runway Boot.
I love.
So,
if anyone loves me so much, maybe you would like to buy these for me?
Since, I can't.

Stupid no shopping challenge.


28 comments:

Tammy said...

Those Popsicles look yummy! Frankie goes through them like nothing. I should make my own. I'm going to have to try to make some fish tacos!!! They look amazing!! I say buying one thing, won't hurt. =) I'm not a good influence. But one thing is better than a lot, right? =P

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh that wasn't very smart miss you should have started your challenge after the Nordstrom sale!

And I think that would be terribly hard to not buy myself anything for one month, I have a feeling I would major fail at that challenge!

The popsicles look fantastic and a lot like the watermelon smoothie I made yesterday only I used Sprite with mine. Great minds think alike my friend!! Have a happy weekend!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh hey question for you, how do you schedule posts to come out for sometime in the future. I am leaving out of town for a week and wanted to schedule a couple to come out while I am away. How do you do it, I am sure it's really simple, I just have never figured it out?

Anonymous said...

Oh, Genn - you are brave. I should do the same shopping challenge but I will surely fail...and, you know, why set myself up for disaster?

Good luck with your challenge.

Oh, by the way, can you post your fish tacos recipe? They look delish!

And I swear your girls get cuter every day (not that they weren't cute before!).

Shannon in PA

mel @ the larson lingo said...

I can't believe you did a no shopping challenge in the middle of the Nordie's sale!!!! what were you thinking??!! :)
Those popsicles look yummy!!

Kris said...

Oh my, what a challenge for you to under take!!! Why? I have turned my kitchen upside down looking for my Tupperware popsicle molds. Cannot find them. But, when we were in Big Bear last weekend, we were in Kmart for my Nyquil, and they had some cute ones. So I bought a set. I made 50/50 bars. Took a couple scoops of my homemade vanilla ice cream, and added about a cup of fresh orange juice. Blended til smooth and poured into molds. YUMMY~~~
Can't wait for tomorrow!!!! I got my new Viking appliances. Did you get yours yet?

Cozart Family said...

Genn,
first the popsicles look amazing. I have one of those popsicle makers, but my kids never like what I make. I should sale it.

Second, I love the toe color, very summery.

Third, I will buy the boots for you and then I will resale them to you after your challenge! HA! That way you will get them at the sale price. ;)

and lastly, the tacos look amazing, recipe please and the Cilantro dressing I get all the time. Its one of my favorites!! So yummy.
Have a great weekend. Off to the river again.
Traci

Holly said...

Oh No you don't young lady. Don't even get me started! I'm also on a "no spend" challenge and if I can't have it, you can't have it. Sorry.

DeBran said...

Those pops do look tasty!! My hubby makes delish fish tacos too and now I am wanting them!! IMMEDIATELY! lol

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I swear, every time I see your food pics, I want to runaway and live at your house! Um...as for sale, maybe you can have one cheat day or extend your month pledge by a day. : )

Kelli said...

That would definitely be a challenge...eeekkk!!! I need some popscicle molds. I bought one but it was super cheap and we couldn't get the popscicles out...lol. That dressing and those tacos looks DElicious!!!!

Kerri said...

Your popsicle molds are so cute...I've never had them before.

Awesome toe color!

I have a recipe for cilantro dressing that I like...but it sure would be easier all bottled up and ready to go. Although if I see another cool product from Trader Joe's, I'm going to scream! How come everyone has one but us?!

Janene said...

Last week at Traders my husband sampled the dressing and bought it; along with the baked, breaded chicken. Simple dinner and delicious!! I bet the fish tacos were yummy too--no shopping challenge is a good idea--I do it every now and then just to keep my wants and needs in check: )

Thiago & Teri said...

YOu are too cute...no shopping for yourself for one month. Craziness. I couldn't do it, I should do it, but I can't. Good for you though. But yikes...those boots sure are pretty. Be an extra good girl and maybe the hubby can get them for you.

The popsicles and taco's look like heaven...everything you make always does!

Pam said...

Those pops do look yummy! You are so creative. I say buy the boots and don't wear them until after your challenge. You are strong to not buy anything for a month. I just might challenge myself to do that too. And love the color on your toes!

Tonda Lynk said...

kmart sells the popcicle molds for $2.99

lori said...

those watermelon pops look fabulous! and wine with me wednesdays?! best. idea. ever.

as for the boots- those are perfect. i think i need them, too! maybe you could postpone your challenge? lol

Lauren said...

those watermelon pops look yummy!! i may have to check on those molds from target.com! I love your toenail polish color.... it does look summer-y!! I like those boots that you want too. You have great fashion! You should just go ahead and break down and get them for the Fall -- especially if they are on sale!!

Lauren said...

Hahah...laughing at your challenge! Go girl...you are one brave woman!!!!!! Those pops look sooo good! Great idea! I make weekly trips to tj's, so I'm going to look for your recommendations that you have talked about!!!!! Have a fun weekend!!!!!!!

Lauren said...

Hahah...laughing at your challenge! Go girl...you are one brave woman!!!!!! Those pops look sooo good! Great idea! I make weekly trips to tj's, so I'm going to look for your recommendations that you have talked about!!!!! Have a fun weekend!!!!!!!

Debbie said...

Don't know what looks better...the popsicles or the fish tacos..yum. Love the pedi too. Great challenge on the shopping...good luck! Have a great week-end.

Janna said...

I have that same popsicle mold. Guess that means I MUST make those popsicles. And fish tacos are our fave around here. Where'd you get that recipe?

RESIST!!! Then go to DSW in the fall and you'll find something compatible that is around the same price. I'm trying to resist too since I think sales often tempt you to buy stuff that you think is a "deal" that there is no way you'd buy at full price. "If you wouldn't buy them at full price then you shouldn't buy them on sale" is a lesson I learned from Fabulous Florida Mommy.

Stacey said...

Who would have thought finding popsicle molds would have been so difficult to find huh?? That dressing looks sooo good as well as the fish tacos ;) You are def in quite the prediciment with the shopping thing.. Maybe you go shopping one day and just add one more day to the end of your month of no shopping?? Just a thought ;)

P.s. Erika told me you gave her a few things to give to me.. I just wanted to personally say THANK YOU!! I can't wait to see the items :) I really appreciate it!!

forever folding laundry said...

I have to agree with Mel.
Couldn't your challenge have
waited until next month?
:)

I'm coveting the Frye boots.
Ba-ad.

~Keri

Michele said...

The popsicles and fish tacos look yummy! I had popsicle molds as a kids, but I usually just froze juice. Yours look a lot tastier. I was in Nordstrom last week and actually thought of you! I would have texted you if I had your number, ha! Oh my, the no shop challenge is just not timing out for you to get those boots, darn! Hope you have a great week!

Nicolle said...

I want that gorgeous nail polish, those popsicles, and that salad dressing! :))

I know I've said it a hundred times, but I can't wait for TJ's to open here in Texas. Should just be a few more months now.

Anonymous said...

The popsicles looked like they turned out good! Fish tacos look yummy!

Good luck sticking to your vow~

Jill said...

The popsicles look great! The girls and i enjoy making those too!
Dinner always looks yummy at your house. I just got back from vacation and I'm trying to get caught up on what everyone's been doing. Toenails are super cute too! The girls and I like painting them all different flourescent colors :-) Hope you have a great night!

Blessings,
Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...