Monday, July 25, 2011

Random Haps.


Hey friends.
This post is gonna be kind of all over the place.
Hope you can hang with me.

I'll start it off with a little movie convo.
We've been burning through our netflix choices this summer.
Recently we've seen a few good movies, and some bad movies.
Here's my thoughts on a few of them...

Lincoln Lawyer- Two thumbs up. Very good. I wished I had read the book. It was entertaining, suspenseful, and kept us on the edge of our seats.
Hall Pass- Two thumbs down.  Terrible.  Did not finish it.
Red Riding Hood- One thumb half way up.  Decent. We did finish this one.  I liked the love story, but the acting was bad and the storyline was not much better.  We just kept watching because we were determined to guess who the wolf was.  We were both wrong.  So I guess it wasn't all that bad, but not great.
Easy A-  Two thumbs up. LOVED.  Watched this on a total whim.  Had never heard of it.  Emma Stone is great, Stanley Tucci made me laugh multiple times, and Thomas Haden Church had me chuckling a few times too.  Good message, and loved the irony in it. 

That's all the movie critiquing from me for now.


Last week was 9 years that I have been married to Mr. Hass. 
Time sure does fly.
We had our babysitter come over last night and she put the girls to bed.
We skidaddled and went to Citrus Grille for dinner.

Mr. H gave me a pretty new watch that I had circled and ear marked in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale catalogue.  He also upgraded my Glen Ivy pass so that when I get my massage I can now stay for the whole day.  What a guy huh?
I got him man stuff.  You know, new rainbows, the ESPN book, another book, a hat, sweat bands, you know, man stuff.
This is the view we had from our table.
After dinner we walked to Miguel's Sr for margaritas and dessert.
It was a fun night.
It's always fun if you are carrying a small hot pink clutch, and not a large bag filled with fruit snacks and wet wipes.

Get ready for some more random.
I told you this was all over the place...
These pics are from last week one day.
We stopped by my Mom's house and the kids got a kick out of playing games on Mom's ipad.
It's almost scary how well these kids can navigate their way around modern technology.
You should see Claire work that touch screen on Mr. Hass' cell phone.

Picked up some cute sweats for the girls at Old Navy.
We are going to Bass Lake soon and it is usually cool in the mornings and evenings up there.
Aren't these drinks pretty?
Sparkling french berry lemonade.  From TJ's.

This is inside the girls' bathroom.  That white cupboard is where I keep all their hair products.
I have been asked by a couple people what I use on their hair so here you go...

I especially love that pink one for them.  It's called ego boost and it is a leave in conditioner.  I put it in their wet hair after baths and it gives them a little body in the morning and prevents bad tangles too.
Shannon this one's for you...
A few of my favorite make up items.
I am really no make up expert, and more and more I am trying to cut costs so I don't even spend a ton of money on my make up but I do splurge on a few things. 
1.  Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer- I LOVE this big time.  On days when I don't want to put on liquid foundation and powder, this is enough to give a light coverage, and it also has spf.  It is one of my splurge items at $45 but I probably buy two a year.
2.  bare minerals moisturizer- I recently bought this at Ulta and loved it.  This is my second jar and my skin is some what dry so it is really nice without feeling too heavy.
3.  Laura Mercier creme eyeshadow- I use this as a base underneath my shadow to keep it from creasing, or just alone on days that I wear very little makeup.  It is pricey at $22 but it lasts me about 7-8 months.
4.  Nars eyeshadow in Cyprus- love this color.  Their shadows are big and last a long time. 
5.  mirabella eyeshadow quad- I buy this at one of the places I buy hair color.  It is a professional line but I am not sure where else it is sold.  I get a great price on it and I like their shadows just as well as Mac.
6.  Mario Badescu cucumber mask-  A client told me about this and I just recently bought it.  I like it and it's mild enough to use 2-3 times a week.  I like to mask it while I'm in the bath with my latest "O" magazine.  ;)
7.  Kiehl's moisturizing lip balm- this was a gift and it is one of my favorite chapstick/lip moisturizers ever.  It's amazing.  I'm almost out and am afraid to know what it costs, but I will definitely get more.
8.  tinted coverup stick by Murad- works great and has tea tree to zap zits while you wear it.  I bought it at Ulta.
9.  Nars bronzing stick -color is South Beach- This is a splurge my friends but it is amazing.  I wear it all over the place.  Over my make up, across my temples for a little bronzing action.  On my cheeks and eyes after I've used tinted moisturizer for a little more color.  It's fun, slightly sparkly, and fabulous.
10. lip gloss from Bath & Body Works.  Can't get enough.
11.  liquid foundation from Prescriptives- best personal color match I have ever found.
12.  under eye concealer- also from Prescriptives.
13.  Mac bronzer in refined golden- can't live without.
14.  Mac blush in prism- fave.  used for years.
15.  cover girl eye liner- cheap but it is nice and creamy.  I like it.
16.  neutrogena compact-  way cheaper than mac, and I go through these like water.

Anybody still there?
Did you make it through this crazy long random post?
What make up items can you not live without???


24 comments:

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Love the pics of you and your hubs. Super cute!!

Kathleen said...

Happy anniversary! Looks like you had a great celebration.

Really love your makeup collection. I agree, Prescriptives foundations were amazing, wonderful, perfect tones, etc. I now use Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Extreme. The coverage is nice and the shades are great.

Nikki said...

I just love your posts..... Happy Anniversary! We just got back from Bass Lake area... My father in law lives in Ahwahnee (5 miles from Oakhurst) We had a blast on the Lake on Saturday, the water was perfect! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

The only problem with random posts is that when us readers get to the end to comment, you can't remember what all to comment on! :)

Happy Anniversary! 9 years is so awesome, congratulations! Great pictures of the 2 of you!

Bass lake sounds fun I bet you and the girls have a blast!

Pam said...

Happy Anniversary! You both look very happy and cute together. I have just started wearing Mac makeup. I love the False Lashes mascara and the Studio Fix Powder Foundation. And I have two blushes now. I know they are a bit more expensive, but like you said they last. I also like the spritzer stuff you spray on your face to set your makeup or to refresh you.
Have a great week!

Kris said...

9 years have flown by! Congratulations! Before you know it, you will be celebrating 32 yrs, like Dad and I! Glad you had a fun night out! You have a TON of make up. I do too actually, and have my favs. I should post the old ladies version!!!
See you tomorrow for my new "do."

Anonymous said...

Lots of good info Genn! Thanks for sharing.

Those drinks look yummy:)

Janene said...

Kiehls tinted moisturizer is my favorite--but the Montclair Nordstroms never has it: ( On-line works though. . .Nars stick is great can;t remember the color. I also love a gloss with a hint of color-actually avon has one that I wear daily. Glad you had a great anniversary--nine is what we just celebrated: )

Holly said...

Love this post! First and foremost, Happy anniversary, you two are just so sweet, want to squueze you both. Now, I need you to come over and do my hair and makeup. At least my hair, can you come and fix me?? Need some serious hair advice, I like the cut, but not the color anymore and no matter what color I use, it goes back to orangey red. Come fix this mess!!

Anonymous said...

GENN!!! Thanks so much for sharing your make-up favorites. I had been waiting for this. You are so nice to personally respond to my request. Now I just need to get to a Sephora!

By the way, I haven't used Prescriptives in quite some time, but they used to make a really great foundation called Traceless that they don't make anymore. Do you remember that one? I don't know why they don't make it but it was my absolute favorite. I may try their other foundation now, though...

Have a great rest of the week!

Shannon in PA

Anonymous said...

It's raining make up! Cute post! I like neutragena's make up & I also use CG eye liner, like Mom hehe.

Cute pics of the kids & those lemonades look delish!!!

Janna said...

Love the date night photos and anniversary stuff, but now on to the really juicy stuff: MAKEUP. DANG GIRL!!! I thought I was overflowing on products, but you put me to SHAME!! Great tips though - I love finding new stuff to try out and my makeup routine has become dull.

Tawni716 said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! Sounds like a fun date night w/ lots of good food! =) The kiddos look like Pay & Linkyn when we stop by Papa's house (my dad) ... they totally know how to play with the Ipad ... it's crazy!!

Kelli said...

I adore random posts so I was all over this. I am also amazed at how well kids can navigate electronics. They work with my phone like it's their own as well as the computer. LOVED The Lincoln Lawyer...we just saw it this weekend. I also love TJ sparkling lemonade and cider...yum! You really cleaned up for your anniversary...enjoy your spa day. I need to work on wearing makeup...I wear none...gasp.

MissKK said...

I LOVE random blogs :) Thanks for sharing all your favorite products & make up!!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Yahoo! I think I am finally caught up on life. I have been missing your blog and you my cute friend!

Loved this post the more random the better in my opinion. Genn I want to cry every time I see some new purchase from Trader Joe's why can't we get one of those here? That drink is the prettiest thing I have ever seen. Looks so good and refreshing.

Hope you are doing well my friend, have a happy night!

Nancy said...

I am so impressed with your makeup stash. That is awesome. Unfortunately, I am the opposite. I am the one lipstick girl, the one look eyeshadow girl, in other words.. BORING! You can ask Janna, she will be my witness. Happy anniversary, girl. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Such a fun post! Happy anniversary! My hubby and I are celebrating ours tomorrow :)

LOVE MAC too-- especially the Studiofix foundation, blushes, eyeliner, and brushes. In highschool, I used to be obsessed with their "Oh Baby" lipstick...at least I think that's what it was called?

Still loving Outlander-- can't imagine what else could happen as the pages go by!

Bonnie

Michele said...

Happy Anniversary! I totally love giving man stuff to my man. Mr. H did great on your gift. I'm all about leaving very not-so-subtle hints about what I want. I loved the comment about the pink clutch. I don't know what to do with myself when we have a date. I'm used to sippy cups, fruit snacks and goldfish. My boys know how to work an iPad like nobody's business. I just figured it out about 3 months ago! Hope you're having a great week!

Thiago & Teri said...

I enjoyed your random little post..they are my favorite kind. Happy anniversary to you guys..sure goes by fast, doesn't it.

Yes, I would agree that children and technology are amazing. My kids can work my husbands Iphone better than I can. That is what we give Lincoln during church to keep him quiet. Great parents aren't we.

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Blessings,
Jill

Barb said...

Happy Anniversary to you, Genn! You are such a cute couple. We have our 15 year anniversary coming up in a few weeks.

Thanks for the great make-up ideas...now if I only knew how to apply it! Have a great weekend.

Kerri said...

How did I miss this post?!
Happy 9th Anniversary!

You would laugh if you saw my makeup bag...with all 4 products I use!!!

Wish I had one of those pretty drinks right about now!

Nicolle said...

I'm not even going to tell you how old my makeup is. I have barely worn any for the last few years. That is a shame! This makes me want to throw out my old stuff and get a few new things. I just think I might! :)

Those drinks are pretty. I will add that to my TJ's wish list! AND, that view at dinner, so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...