So, I never showed you my anniversary watch...
it's rose gold.by DKNY.
with rhinestones around the face.
Pretty huh?
The dress is from Nordstrom a couple years ago.
Both bracelets are new from Express.
Oh, and that no shopping for a month thing I talked about...
yea,
well,
I needed retail therapy in a bad way one day.
It was the only way to save me from the dark day that I was having.
Ha.
We have had some large and delicious zucchinis from my moms garden recently and I got this idea from her to make zucchini boats. She blogged about how she made hers here.
Everything in this zucc was organic.
I made mine with lots of pressed garlic, one large onioin sauted, ground turkey, a can of southwestern corn (with red bell peppers and black beans in it), and a jar of organic tomato and basil marinara I got at Henry's.
Topped with organic mozzarella, and for dessert, Golden Spoon.
I wish this picture was less blurry. Too slow shutter speed, but I still love it.
Mr. Hass was showing the girls what kind of fish they will be catching up at Bass Lake.
Hannah said, "Okay, so I am going to catch a carpie and then I am going to eat it."
Berries from the Farmers Market. Probably the sweetest I've ever had. I had them this morning for breakfast.
My brother told Mr. H he would babysit for us one night for his birthday.
We jumped right on that.
He came over last night so we could catch a movie.
Mr. H took an extra long while fixing his hair.
So I had some time to take some pictures and do some modeling for my tripod.
And now, get ready for the wiww details...
entire outfit- Target.
Yup.
It's true.
dress is from last year, sweater this year.
Oh look there's Mr. Hass.
He sure cleans up nice doesn't he?
Good hair day too. ;)
When we drove away both girls little heads were poking out from the corner of their bedroom windows waving goodbye to us. Neither knew that the other was doing the same thing and it was the cutest thing I've ever seen. They are such sweet girls, waving to us as we left for our date.
We saw Crazy Stupid Love.
Go see it.
So one day last week, the strangest thing happened to me.
I was in my car alone.
Driving along the freeway and had some time to kill before work.
I kind of zoned out and was just doing a little thinking,
and before I knew it, I became aware of my surroundings again and I was smack dab in the middle of the women's shoe department in Nordstrom at the Anniversary sale.
Like I said, weirdest thing.
Anyway, these beauties were just screaming my name and who am I to deny them a good home inside my closet next to my other tall boots?
Yea yea yea, don't harass me about that stupid challenge okay?
It was during the Nordstrom sale people.
So, all bets were off.
Mr. Hass wasn't too happy about my new boots, but what does he know about fall fashion?
I'm feeling much better now.
And I won't shop next month.
;)
We woke up to pouring rain and thunder this morning.
Poor Mr H was already at work when I got out of bed at 7am.
Tonight we are going to the Crab Cooker to celebrate Nana's birthday.
Happy Sunday.














21 comments:
Great post! Can you show a close up of your watch? It looks BEAUTIFUL... just like those boots. Funny how sometimes you end up at a sale that you really weren't thinking you should be at. Happens to me all the time! :) Be well.
Shannon in PA
Great post, love the randomness! :) I always love to hear what's going on and whatcha cookin' and whatcha wearin'! :)
I love the date night outfit, super cute and that ann. watch!!! LOVE it; I have a thing for watches! AND those boots....I don't blame you....those are a MUST have! :) There are always plenty of months not to shop!
Take care, Genn!
jodi
Love those boots!! Love love love them! I feel like I would never try them becuase I wouldn't think they would be cute on me. I need to be more adventurous. Have fun at Crab Cooker! Seriously, one of my most favorite restaraunts. I'm jealous! :)
Keep posting your WIWW outfits...I did more back to school shopping for myself this weekend than for my kiddos but only because my teenage niece was in town and I love how she pulls different pieces together (like you do).
We even went jewelry shopping:)Sometimes a little break in shopping for ones self makes all the next purchases all the sweeter!! You did well while you lasted...that's what matters most!~
P.S. weirdest weather, isn't it? Also, the 20 month old has hip dysplacia. She wasn't diagnosed until three months--wore a harness for six months 24/7 and has been in a brace at nights for almost a year. For the longest time there was never any progress but it seems we're moving in the right direction, finally!!
The boots get off the shopping challenge hook. They are sooo awesome!
I'm going to run right over to Target and see if they still have that sweater. I have been looking for a yellow cardigan all summer long (apparently not in the right places).
I saw Crazy Stupid Love Friday. I LOVED it! The best movie I've seen in a long time!
You are so darling, I just love you, always make me smile!
Of course you needed the boots, honestly friend I am not sure you really thought through the challenge of not buying for a month especially during the Nordstrom sale. Who needs a challenge anyway just but away and be happy. That's my motto! Too bad husbands have to get in the way!
I have a girls night this week for a movie date. I am going to reccomend that one!
I meant buy away!
You look so pretty in your date night outfit. Your boots...Swoon! I can see why the challenge was off. You always have next month. Your zucchini look delish! I'm going to check out your mom's blog right now :)
love the new boots :) sometimes a girl just needs a little retail therapy!
Love the Nordie's Sale...We have been in Tahoe for a week, so I just went today to the sale...just in time! I got some boots also! Your zucchini boats look great.. i will have to try those, we have some huge zucchini's in our garden!
The funniest thing in this post, was when you said that Jake took so long fixing his hair!!! That just tickled my funny bone!
Love the pics of Jake and the girls, at the computer reading about what fish are in Bass Lake!
Your zucchini boats looked delish. I do my stuffed bell peppers kind of like that! Did you like them?
Fun, fun, fun post!
One time I was supposed to be driving to church, and I just zoned (like really zoned, not Nordy's Anniversary zoned) and anyhow, I totally ended up in their parking lot before realizing, oh, umm, I'm supposed to be on my way to church!! Seriously, the place just calls to me.
Love the boots.
Cute post! The girls are getting so big. The watch is super cute and good for you to get out on a date! Yippee!! Oh and the boots super cute too, glad you caved in. ;)
Z boats look mouth watering! And I laughed about mr. H's hair story. My dad and bil have the same hair do...and they always talk about bad hair days! My girls laugh every time! Love those smokin hot boots girl!
OK, where to start? haha....the zucc boats looks sooo yummy, definitely going to try those. Oh, and the watch was quite cute. Melody too has found some things recently at Target...though she has to do the majority of her shopping on line. No Nordstroms near her so she missed that sale...soo sad, lol. Your boots are ADORABLE!
Beautiful watch and I love the boots and seriously cute dress! ;-)
It sounds like you guys had a great night! Love the zucchini recipe too! We have a ton in our garden so always looking for new ways to prepare it!
Blessings,
Jill
Love your watch & your boots!!! Very cute! I seriously need a new camera ... maybe it will be my Christmas present to myself! =) Cute pictures!
just read your last several posts and you are fabulous! love the new watch ... the tale of crap cooker {we called it that too!!} ... target outfit {love that store too much} ... and your new boots. ah, men will never get it.
Just a few things... that zucchini looks wonderful - yum! Those pictures of the girls at the piano are precious!! I would love some of those strawberries right now...mmmm :) And the boots, love them!!!
Post a Comment