Thursday, July 7, 2011

See ya Later Stitches!!! & Do Blondes Really Have More Fun???


Mr. Hass took the day off work today.
He has a graveyard shift coming up soon, so he needed to take a day off this week.
Lucky me.
When he told me this, I wasted no time booking myself a massage appointment at Glen Ivy to use my birthday gift card.
Then after Hannah's stitches incident I was told she will need to be seen by her doctor on Thursday to have them removed.
So I canceled my massage.
I just wouldn't have felt right getting a massage while Hannah was having stitches removed that were pretty much there because of me.
Since Mr. H was home it was nice that he stayed with Claire, and I took Hannah to the doctor.

The Doc said it had healed very nicely.
He taped the stitches to his business card and handed it to Hannah.
I told her we can put that in her baby book.
She yelled, "Moooooooom! I am NOT a baby."
So I said, "Oh yeah.  I mean, your scrapbook."
The scratch Hannah has on her cheek now looks worse than where her stitches were.  (And I don't even know how she got that)
She wasted no time getting home and hopping right back in the water.
Both girls are feeling much better now too.
No more fevers, thank goodness.
 I tried to keep the girls busy the last several days doing things inside, but this is just not their style.
 It worked well enough, but thank goodness they can swim and play outside in the water again.
 After H's doctor visit this morning, we all went to Sam's Club. 
 I spotted these bowls and I had to have them. 
Aren't the colors so pretty?
 Lunch today.
Spinach and asiago sausages from Sam's that Mr. H grilled.
Watermelon and canteloupe.
Carrots, hummus and raw sunflower seeds.
Did you know that 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds has 9g of protein?
new pool from wal-mart- $15
pink raft from wal-mart- $2.50
small raft (came with beach ball) from wal-mart- $1.50
girls swimsuits also wal-mart- $9 each
I hate that place and I love it at the same time.

 In other news,
I had a brazilan blowout yesterday.
My third one.
Love. Love. Love.
I had some time to kill before my blowout and I got bored so I threw some foils into my own hair.
I love it.
Just the right amount of something new.
I guess that is what happens when a hairdresser gets bored.
She changes her hair color.
Here's a sneak peek.

I'll leave you with a question today.
Does anybody else know how many more days until Boise State's first official football game of the season is??
Or is that just me?






It's 58 days.
In case it was killing you.
Now you can count down too.
We have tickets to a game in San Diego on Nov. 19.
An overnight date.
A double date.
An overnight double date WITHOUT children present.
To say we are excited would be an understatement.


I'm off to rest.
We're  Mr. Hass is grilling TJ's chili chicken lime burgers tonight with some fresh squash and zuchinni from my moms garden.
What are you having? 


28 comments:

MissKK said...

We are having chicken with grilled veggies :) And of course watermelon..hehe!! Love the new hair can't wait to see the rest of it ;) I also LOVE to change the color of my hair...it makes life fun :)

Amber said...

I looked through that TJ's cook-book the other day and it all looked gross to me. ( maybe i was looking at the wrong cook book?)

You make everything look fabulous! I think you TJ's needs to give you a little kick back. =]

I am in shock that DR Deterville is still practicing. That is awesome! He seemed so old when we used to see him as kids. How old is he now?

hugs

MissKK said...

PS-Did you get those pretty bowls in Sam's Club???

Kerri said...

We had corn on the cob and fresh green beans and cantaloupe...and that's it! I am in desperate need of getting to the grocery. I should have gone today but didn't want to take my son w/ me!

Love your bowls!!
And, what in the world is a brazilian blow out??? Your highlights look GREAT!

Shannon said...

Your hair looks cute and bummer about canceling your day at Glenn Ivy. Atleast you have a date night away!!! Those are best :)

Sandy said...

Glad Hannah healed nicely :) I hear you on the Walmart thing, I feel the EXACT same way. I Hate that place but when you're poor like me you find some awesome deals!! Your dinner sounds delicious. My bf is going out of town tonight so I've decided to make myself same salmon, cous cous (cuz he hates it) and asparagus for dinner. Can't wait! :)

Sandy said...

Oh and I can't wait to see your hair!

Cozart Family said...

Genn,
So glad the stitches came out and Hannah is healing nicely. I have the same love hate relationship with Target and Walmart. So sad.... The new pool looks great. Glad everyone is able to cool off. We have been in the back yard a lot, the girls want to swim everyday. I think blondes have more fun! ;) No, I didn't know how many days to Boise kick off but thanks for sharing! =)
Hope your weekend is better then last!
Traci

Holly said...

We had baked chicken, peas and rolls, very boring and seems silly to eat this meal in the middle of the blasting hot summer. From what I can see, the hair is adorable, need more pics ASAP!

Anonymous said...

SO glad the girls are back to themselves! I'm sure you are, too.

And I LOVE your hair - I want to see the rest!!! I SO wish we lived close by so you could be my hairdresser. Seriously.

Take care!
Shannon in PA

Kris said...

Phew....stitches out and swimming again!!! Yea!! It looks great. I love your hair with a little blonde highlights in it. Very summery!
I still can't breathe!!! How come I got the worst one out of everyone else? Sheesh!!!! I can't wait to take some Nyquil and go to bed!!

Kris said...

Phew....stitches out and swimming again!!! Yea!! It looks great. I love your hair with a little blonde highlights in it. Very summery!
I still can't breathe!!! How come I got the worst one out of everyone else? Sheesh!!!! I can't wait to take some Nyquil and go to bed!!

Maryrose said...

Oh yay...Hannah is stitch free!!
Love the bowls...love the hair... love the stitches in the baby book...uuhhh scrapbook :)

Lauren said...

Okay, you are just way too healthy...and I love it! Can't believe H's stitches are out...awesome! Looks lime your pool girlies thought so too! Your hair looks sooooooo cute! Can't wait to see it all. I get the blowout leave in cream and WOW! It fights the fizzles! Luv!

Lauren said...

P.S. I want those nesting bowls! Way cute! And we had homemade gluten free pizza...1/2 of it dairy free ( no cheese) and I liked that side more! Mmmmmmm!

lori said...

actually... YES, i do know how many days until the boise state game... because its against MY team! you're boise state fan?! who knew. (im a georgia fan). im going to that game and im super excited.

and i have bowls similar to that, with bright colors. love them!

sorrelle said...

Love those bowls. What brand are they? I don't really support Sam's or wal mart. Iwould like to find them online. Thank you.

Eric and Jenny said...

I love those bowls, looks like I need to head to Sams Club right away! And the first thing I thought of is they match your measuring cups! Won't you be a stylish cook, but like you need help with that.

Love the hair, my sister is a hairdresser and she does the same thing when she is bored. Every time I see her I swear her hair is different, so fun.

Poor Hannah I am glad she did okay getting her stiches out but I sure do hope you get to use your giftcard here soon for a massage.

Oh and for dinner spagetti, garlic bread, green salad with all of my favorites cucumber, tomtaotes and avacados, It was easy but good, yours sounds pretty great too!

Janene said...

Yay...so long stitches. Now you can get back to summer! If your hair looks like that when you have a little downtime...you seriously can have at mine. Haven't been in 8 weeks and I want color but nowhere to go....picked up those burgers to try from TJ today: )

Tawni716 said...

How cute, love the art stuff the girls were doing! I got my 2nd Brazilan blowout last week ... LOVE IT! I also have a love/hate relationship with Walmart =)

Anonymous said...

who knew 14 grams of protein packed into sunflower seeds?!

That art work is really good!

Kelli said...

We're having homemade stromboli. Yum!! I'm so glad Hannah is all healed. I did not know that about sunflower seeds...SO interesting. That pool looks so refreshing right now. Ooh, an overnight date.

Debbie said...

Glad Hannah's little ordeal is completely behind her now, and I love the idea of the stiches in a scrapbook, haha...I want to see your whole hair do, haha...the "peek" looks wonderful! Glad the girls are feeling better. Have a good week-end...

Nicolle said...

I love your hair! Oh yes, I want those pretty bowls too. Love them. I am glad the girls are better. Their pool and the whole set up looks like a lot of fun. I am so right there with you, I have a big time love/hate relationship with wmart.

enjoy your weekend!

Pam said...

Your hair looks like it is cute - can't wait to see the rest of it! Your overnight double date sounds fun. Glad Hannah got her stitches out. You will need to re-book your massage soon - I think I need one of those! Enjoy your weekend - I have two wonderful weeks left of my summer break - then it's back to work for me!

Jodi said...

Great pictures; the girls always look so cute. Love the one in the pool! :) I bet Hannah was glad to get the stitches out! :)

Love the sneek peek of the hair too, can't wait to see all of it; I am sure it looks great! :)

Jodi

Barb said...

I don't make dinner on Friday nights...it's kind of a left over night. I had a salad with sunflower seeds on it! But I have to have the roasted seeds, which I know aren't as good for you as the plain ones that you are eating. Maybe I could ease into the switch by mixing them...

Your hair looks cute - can't wait to see more pictures. I got my hair highlighted yesterday, but didn't do anything different. Just covering up the grays.

The last picture of the girls in their pool on their floaties is too cute.

I'm glad to hear that Hannah is feeling better and her stitches are out.

Have a great weekend!

Amy said...

I love that little pool. We emptied ours yesterday because there were a lot of bugs and dirt. Now it's time to refill it again :) Glad Hannah stitches are gone and they can play in it again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...