That's what little girls are made of! Yup, that's right, baby # 2 is definitely a girl! I was completely suprised. I have been saying I am so certain it is a boy. I guess mainly because this pregnancy feels very different. But I should have listened to the fact that they say EVERY pregnancy is different, regardless of the babys gender. We are very excited. I think it just took me a minute to really believe it was another girl and not a boy! We even had HIS name picked out... I guess you can never be too sure. At least this time around I will be well equipped with some experience! Last time I wanted to know why they don't send you home from the hospital with a how to handbook!!
Poor Jake has been outnumbered by estrogen in our household. Even our dog Abbey is a girl! I remember growing up, my sister and my mom and I would want to watch one show, when my Dad and Drew wanted to watch another. All one of us had to do was say "Oh yea, I started my period today...." and the boys would immediately flee. It was always a funny one! I guess my girls and I can use that line too one day! hee hee hee
13 comments:
Hamburgers... they are everywhere. Reading your blog, I feel like I just had my ultrasound all over again. I was sure it was a boy - I even made them check twice. Tim and I also had only picked out a boys name. Once I got over the fact that my feeling (which should have been right) was wrong, I got very excited about having another little girl.
I say if you are going to have two of any, it's probably easier to have two girls, plus they will be close in age and that's always fun. Well congratulations that is so exciting and I wanted to welcome you to the double double hamburger club.
LOL- Kristi- I love your comment! Thanks for welcoming me into the double double club! mmmm, speaking of which, in n out does sound good! oh yea, but back to what I was saying, yes I think I was more shocked by the fact that I was wrong more than anything. I am not usually WRONG, so I dont like that... =)
I know, I was shocked that I was wrong. I was so sure.
By the way, I have a better idea then a baby shower. After our 2nd babies are born, we will have a lunch at my mom's house with Sangria. Our husbands can watch both of their daughters for us, and we can relax with our Sangria. So much better then a baby shower, don't you think?? We will need the break from our double duty!!
Congrats, and how great that you already have so much stuff!!! Thanks for the text message too even though I couldn't wait to get home and see your blog post...any pictures to share?
See you tomorrow...
Hi Genn - I got the news from Kristy earlier today - I know you wanted a boy - now you'll have to do it again and name him Drew! Glad everything is okay! I am enjoying your blog - Kristy just sent me the link the other day - I LOVE the picture of Hannah you have at the top!
Thanks everyone for your nice comments! And Kristi- I LOVE love love your relaxing day with sangria idea. Let's do that!
Yea for another girl! It will be so nice for Hannah to have a sister close to her age!
In response to your comment... Yes I know! OKAY! WOW! That's all Jason and I have to say as well!
Congrats! I like having two of a kind...three is another story. I am seriously out numbered. (Even my dog is a boy.) It stinks to be the one out numbered. We end up watching Transformers and Spiderman ALL THE TIME around here. All they have to start talking about is farting and I'm gone. Ok, that's gross but my experience is exactly opposite.
I was SURE my third would be a girl. No such luck. At the time I was fine with a boy, but now...I am so wishing I had a daughter to do fun girly things with. My house is way too rough and tumble. You can send your husband here for a week if he's ever in need of a little testosterone. Him and I can switch places.
Two of a kind is nice...although each kid is different, you know somewhat what to expect with a girl. And though you'll find you need a ton of new clothes even though you already have a tone of girl clothes...you'll get to see some one wear all your favorite baby out fits again. The outfits you squeezed them into way too log and hated to pack away because they were so cute. There are definitely benefits to two of a kind. Plus think of you and your sister and the story of how you met your husband. When they're older and you're on family trips, they have a built in friend.
Good luck.
Congrats!!! I am sure she will be just as adorable as Hannah!
How fun. There's nothing as wonderful as a sister. You'll have a wonderful time with two little girls through the years. Think of the pedicures, shopping,dance lessons, shopping, proms, shopping. Yikes, this is sounding expensive.
Genny! I'm waiting for the post from last nights events. I can't blog about it since my camera broke... but I would love to have a few pics emailed to me... PLEASE! Pretty please!
Kelly,
I will do it tonight, I was so exhausted today. Party planning wears me out! And I tried to nap while Hannah did but it was not for long enough! I'll do it when the babe is in bed!
Post a Comment